Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Learning to Use an MP3 player

I am finding that it is the little things that cause me problems. I find that instructions assume that you know how these gadgets generally work and don't provide the detail I need. Yesterday, I decided to download an Overdrive book to an MP3 player. I had never used an MP3 player so I had the manual in hand. I couldn't use the joystick navigator to move the selections on the screen---just wasn't doing something right. I had the book on the MP3 player but couldn't access it because I couldn't figure out how the navigator joystick worked. Bev and Morgan assisted me and of course it seemed so obvious once "I got it". I remember the first time I tried to use an ATM banking machine. I just couldn't see where to put the bank card in the machine---now it seems so clear but back then.....Let's just say my generation has its challenges. I skipped out on the video game/computer game stuff and now I am having to learn some of those tools in order to get into the Web2 environment.

No comments: